Friday, June 09, 2006

While waiting for the sock-a-long...

...here's what I hooked in May...

First I finished the Seraphina Shawl done in Joann's Sensation Rainbow Boucle 'Dark Blues', with a 7.0mm Boye K hook. I had started this as a CAL with the my Yahoo CAL group. This was given to my ds's Kindergarten teacher (in honor of Teacher Appreciation week). I think she really likes it!



Next I started the Drops Top we're doing at my Yahoo CAL group. I'm moderating this CAL which started on May 1st. I've done 8 rows of flowers so far and am finally getting back to it after many distractions. This is a close-up of the cursed, yet beautiful, bobble flowers.


I put that down to begin Baby Gift # 1, a cute sweater & hat set. The pattern is Absolutely Precious, by Denise Black in 24-Hour Crochet Projects ed by Rita Weiss. I used Caron Simply Soft 'Light Country Blue' and my Brittany 4.0mm G hook. My dd's baby doll is modeling it here!



Next came some quick dishcloths for my MIL while she was visiting. I chose this set of 5 textured dishcloths. Due to an error the first one I made was a mini (so it was for me). I did successfully make the first 3 dishcloths before my MIL left (no photo, oops!). To finish the set, I started #4, but didn't like it so I frogged it and did #5. Then I saw the pattern for this Simply Circle dishcloth and I thought it might be nice for teacher gifts. Somehow it turned out tiny too, so I now have one large and two small dishcloths in my kitchen.


My next distraction was Baby Gift #2 - the Sideways Shell Baby Afghan. Due to time constraints I decided to make a small carseat blanket. I made this using an H hook with an acrylic, baby/sport weight, pastel variegated mill end yarn. It's for a boy. Don't tell me if you think it's too girly. I don't want to hear it!!


Finally, Baby Gift # 3 was a second Absolutely Precious sweater & hat set. I used a Brittany G hook (4.0mm) with Caron Simply Soft 'White' and RH ‘Monet’ for the edging. This is the one for my ds's kindergarten teacher's yet-to-be born grandchild!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I am so jealous...you have created so much in that time. I can only dream of doing so many things in a month!!!! Well done on those, they look wonderful.